Wednesday, July 15
12:00 - 1:00 pm
Register by Monday, July 13
This year's SIG-apalooza is a collection of Shared Interest Group (SIG) meetings using the Zoom breakout room feature. The format offers a forum for peer-to-peer learning in a small group atmosphere with plenty of time for exploration. Each table host will have discussion topics for consideration. It truly is a "choose your own adventure" opportunity from the comfort of your home or office.
Select up to 3 choices at registration:
- Emerging Professionals
- Government Relations
- Pajama Brigade
- Supplier Council
- Tech Ninjas
- Wine & Webinars
GSAE Members & Guests - $19
*We are donating $9 from each registration to one of our favorite charities, the Atlanta Community Food Bank. Due to the pandemic, ACFB plays an even more crucial role in our community. Learn more. A receipt for your donation will be sent once the donation is made after the program.
August 26-28 at the Hyatt Regency Savannah
As of July 1, 2020, the GSAE Board of Directors voted to move forward with planning an in-person meeting. The safety of our meeting attendees is paramount. Safety precautions and guidelines as of now are available. Should anything change, we will alert the membership and registered attendees as soon as possible. For those unable to join us in Savannah, GSAE has partnered with FSAE and OSAE to offer member pricing for their virtual meetings (July 28-30 or August 31-September 2). We'll post the discount codes under the "Member Offers" tab in your profile as soon as they are available).
Up to 11 CAE hours with a pre-con workshop (9 without)
- Use this downloadable form to register multiple people from the same organization.
- Register today for new registrations (If you previously registered, your registration has been automatically transferred to the August dates.)
- Reserve your room at the Hyatt Regency Savannah (be sure to adjust your check-in and out dates accordingly)
- Sponsor & Exhibitor Rock Star Map, provided by Map Dynamics
- Registration for GSAE association executive member or other state, local or regional SAE member - $399
- Registration for GSAE corporate supplier member - $659-$1409
- Registration for additional attendee from same organization - $299
NOTE: No company is authorized to sell an attendee list from GSAE. We don't do that, period, and you should block the sender and ignore any message otherwise as the annoying spam that it is. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Gain access to the only 24/7/365 online compensation benchmarking tool designed exclusively for executives of professional, trade and service-centric associations/nonprofits.
- Compare your organization's key operational metrics to others across the industry
- Evaluate valuable KPI's, including salaries, benefits, positions/departments, and more!
- Generate customized reports to inform decisions and keep your organization competitive
GSAE has conducted a compensation and benefits survey biennially since 2013 through our partnership with Association Societies Alliance (ASA). Moving forward, this information will now be gathered through a 24/7/365 online platform, powered by Dynamic Benchmarking. The Real-Time Compensation Benchmarking tool is available to all GSAE members.
Entering data will always be free. For the first year (2020), generating customizable reports will also be free to all users. Effective January 1, 2021, users will be able to access reports through an annual subscription discounted for GSAE members. Get started now!
|Congratulations to Neil Hibbert, the new Vice President of Business Development at Meeting Shields, LLC.
|Congratulations to Kevin Priger, the new Director of Sales & Marketing at Hyatt House Atlanta Cobb Galleria.
MPI Georgia's Committee of the Year Phoenix Award was presented to the Hospitality/Welcome Committee, co-chaired by Amy Hokkanen and Christina Porter. Congratulations!
Map Dynamics has launched Event Home Base, a new suite of features designed to support hybrid and virtual events in addition to in-person trade shows, expos, and other meetings. New features that support association needs include tools for empowering speakers to integrate live streaming and pre-recorded video into sessions, tools for recognizing sponsors in new ways online, one-on-one chat between attendees and exhibitors in the virtual marketplace, public discussions, and a new design optimized for desktop. Read the press release.
The Athens Convention & Visitors Bureau and The Classic Center are proud to be part of a new community-wide initiative, the Ready, Set, Go Safely campaign. As part of the program, businesses and organizations commit to follow health and safety guidelines. In addition, The Classic Center has outlined new meeting safety protocols and is pursuing the GBAC STARTM certification. Learn more about the campaign and new protocols.
Wild Dunes Resort is looking ahead. Enjoy an exclusive look into Wild Dunes Resort’s newest hotel and meeting space. When meetings must happen, they're ready!
Congratulations to Jeremy and LeeAnne Minnick who welcomed Charlotte Mae Minnick on June 10 at 8:17 pm. Everyone is healthy and doing well!
Our COVID-19 resource page and Pajama Brigade resource page are available to our community. Recently added resources include:
- GSAE meetings tool kit, includes sample room set calculators and major hotel brand guidelines. Thanks to the Supplier Council and Jim Sprouse, CAE, Georgia Hotel & Lodging Association, for contributing to this document.
- In our own research for the possible Annual Meeting in Savannah, GSAE created a sample questions list to work through with a facility. We've made it pretty generic so you may update it as needed. We encourage our hotels, facilities, and CVBs to access it, too. We are all partners in keeping our attendees and visitors safe and using data-based decision-making practices.
- Jeffrey Tenenbaum, Esq., Tenenbaum Law Group, PLLC, also shared this article about the efficacy of liability waivers for attendees and this article on top ten legal questions for events in general. We also should note our own GSAE member John Foster, Esq. has been working with dozens of y'all to answer specific contract questions around pandemics, force majeure clauses, and facilities. We appreciate the generosity of our attorney contacts. We will be posting some new articles of John's this week.
In addition, take a mental break and view greetings and activities from our corporate supplier members.
Recordings of our recent virtual meetings are available on our GSAE1917 YouTube Channel through GSAEtv.
If your organization is planning to hold an in-person meeting this summer or fall in Georgia, updated guidelines are available from Governor Kemp's office. As y'all know, the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 and the Southeast are fluid and changing frequently. This is a place to start, and we encourage you to perform your own due diligence and partner with our colleagues to comply, if applicable to your organization's plans.
- Governor Kemp’s June 11, 2020 Executive Order and June 29, 2020 Executive Order.
- Hosting organizations must meet 21 social distancing and sanitation requirements (pages 37-38)
- If a meal will be provided, you must follow restaurant & dining service requirements (pages 8-10).
- Begins July 15 before the virtual luncheon, then meets via Zoom through September
Materials subject to change based on CAE Commission guidelines - new exam outline beginning December 2020.
- $89 for GSAE members
- Includes Review session and Mock CAE Exam
- Currently based on ASAE's Study Guide
- Alternate CAE courses are available at the member price in partnership with Michigan Society of Association Executives
Learn more and register.
The GSAE Nominating Committee is soliciting names of members interested in serving on the GSAE Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee will include up to five at-large GSAE association executive members in good standing (invited to serve - Kara Bastarache, CAE, Julia Boyd, CAE, Ragan Cohn, CAE, Shan Haugabrook, Tara Morrison, CAE, CMP and Jacob Wilder, CAE) in addition to GSAE Chair Joel Peacock, Past Chair Gene Stinson, CAE, PCED, CEcD, HLM and Chair-Elect Mary J. Wheatley, IOM, CAE.
Four seats for individual association member directors and one seat for a corporate supplier director will be available for two-year terms, beginning January 1, 2021. If you or someone you know would like to be considered, please complete a self nomination form or nominate another GSAE member here. All candidates must be members in good standing. Deadline for nominations is September 30, 2020.
The slate of nominees will be offered to the membership for review no later than November 9, 2020. Board members and officers will be accepted and installed at the GSAE Annual Business Meeting on December 9.
At least ninety (90) days prior to the annual business meeting, the Board of Directors shall appoint a Nominating Committee of at least five (5) persons, each of whom shall have been an Individual member of the Society for at least two (2) years. The chairman shall be the Immediate Past Chair. Others on the committee shall be the Chair, Chair Elect and two or more other members not currently serving on the GSAE Board of Directors. Names of nominating committee members and an invitation for recommendations for candidates for nomination shall be announced to the membership at least sixty (60) days prior to the annual business meeting. The nominating committee shall submit at least one (1) name for each available elective office of the Society and said slate shall be presented, in writing, to the membership at least thirty (30) days prior to the annual business meeting and again, orally, at the annual business meeting.
GSAE recognizes excellence by presenting a variety of awards to members. To nominate a member for an award, simply email email@example.com. The deadline for nominations is September 30, 2020. Learn more about the awards program here.
Each year, the GSAE Foundation provides grants to assist Georgia associations hiring interns. The associations receive help that they otherwise would not receive, and the students gain a valuable glimpse into a profession they may not have considered previously.
Congratulations to this year's grant recipients: ACPE: The Standard for Spiritual Care & Education, Printing & Imaging Association of Georgia and Southeast Tourism Society.
The GSAE Foundation is dedicated to enhancing the effectiveness of the association community and maximizing the impact of associations on society. Since 2002, the Foundation has provided grants of nearly $54,000.
GSAE is excited to announce that the Annual Meeting Silent Auction will be going mobile this year. In addition to limiting contact amongst attendees, it will also allow anyone to bid, regardless of if you are able to attend annual meeting in-person.
The silent auction supports GSAE's mission of advancing the profession of association management and enhancing the professionalism of association executives. If you have the means to make a donation of any size, it is most appreciated and welcomed. You can donate online.
Please contact us ASAP if your property would like to host the September 16 event and show off your meeting space. Sponsorships available for November and December.
Live webinars are worth 1 CAE hour. Did you know? More than 94 CAE-qualifying recorded webinars are available 24/7 on our GSAE website.
Virtual Strategic Planning - You need to know what the future of your profession or industry looks like, what your members want to accomplish within that future, their relationship to your association and the influence of competitors on the choices critical to their success. Association Laboratory's proven process makes this a reality for your association.
Check out their FREE webinar Essentials of Strategic Planning for information on the best practices that inform their approach to this critical decision-making function.
Contact Dean West, FASAE, President at Association Laboratory today, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call their Chicago office at (312) 224-2626 to understand how they can help you through these challenging times.
In light of COVID-19, the CAE Commission has made a few adjustments for those renewing their CAE in 2020:
- The renewal deadline has been extended from December 31, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
- The cap on self-study has been lifted. All 40 credits needed for renewal may be taken through any amount of live and/or approved self-study courses.
- The early-renewal discount will be extended to completed renewals submitted through March 31, 2021. The discounted renewal fee is $275 for ASAE members and $425 for nonmembers.
These additional options apply only to the renewal cycle for those originally due to renew by December 2020. Learn more.
A new blog post from MemberClicks on engaging attendees at virtual events, a podcast from Lodging Leaders on diversity in the hotel industry, and more!
Established as a not-for-profit organization in 1975, the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) has certified over 131,000 physician assistants (PA) in...