Contractor Licensing: Following the Yellow Brick Road with Kevin Veler, Esq.
Do you understand the dynamics of the Georgia State Builders License as a licensed builder?
We understand how confusing it can all be. Whether you are a principal or qualified agent with a general or residential contractor's license, it's critical that you understand the dynamics and events in contractor licensing. Join us for a short session to help you understand this road. Participants in this session will learn:
- How to know if you’re truly a QA.
- The pitfalls and dangers of being a QA for a company when you are not an owner.
- How to anticipate the inevitable complaint that will be filed against your company with the Board by a disgruntled customer or trade, including what NOT to do when the investigators show up.
- What are the options available to the Board to deal with complaints?
- What are some of the current disciplinary actions of the Board?
- How to document and report an unlicensed contractor performing work for which a license is required and WHY you should.
Kevin Veler, Esq. will facilitate this session. During his career before starting his own practice in 2005, Mr. Veler associated with several prestigious law firms (some as staff counsel and others on a project basis), has been on corporate counsel staffs to several corporations in areas as diverse as hotel and office real estate development and management. He has also been legal counsel to the National Association of the Remodeling Industry-Atlanta and the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals-Georgia.
Cost: $50 Greater Atlanta HBA Member, $65 Other HBA Member, $80 Non-member
Cont. Ed: 3 CPHB, 3 GA Bldr License
Call 678-775-1469 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Interested in sponsoring this class? Contact Amanda Mathis at 678-775-1469 for details.