Business Management for Building Professionals with Christine Fortenberry
Learn the management skills that give industry leaders the edge!
This NAHB course will give you a solid foundation in those best business practices so valuable to smaller businesses: planning, organizing, staffing/directing and controlling. By using case studies and sample forms, your instructors give you practical and applicable tools for management success. As a graduate of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss common business challenges and learn practical tips and tools to overcome them
- Explain the three basic functional areas within a company
- List the five main tools used to improve a business
- Apply each of the five Ps to the three functional areas of the business
- Identify methods of recruiting, interviewing, training, and retaining quality personnel
- Apply the key measures of business performance to your own business
Christine Fortenberry will facilitate this session. She is a graduate of Georgia Tech, has been building, developing and remodeling for more than 40 years. She is a guest lecturer for the Georgia Tech School of Architecture and other organizations on the subjects of Universal Design and Aging-in-Place and is an instructor for NAHB.
Cost: $175 Greater Atlanta HBA Member, $195 Other HBA Member, $225 Non-member
Designation: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, MCGP, MCSP
Cont. Ed: 6 CPHB, 6 GA Bldr License, GMB, CSP, CMP, MIRM
Call 678-775-1469 or e-mail email@example.com any questions.
Interested in sponsoring this class? Contact Amanda Mathisat 678-775-1469 for details.