Design/Build Solutions for Aging & Accessibility (CAPS I) with Christine Fortenberry
Learn how to design/build for the 50 market!
The maturing of the U.S. baby boomer population is a huge opportunity for remodelers. As this consumer group expands, more and more are interested in remodeling their home to fit their new lifestyle and abilities. This Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) course will help you understand the guidelines and requirements of accessibility, the importance of doing an assessment with input from occupational and physical therapists as well as qualified health care professionals, and the significance of good design in making modifications that can transform a house into a safe, attractive, and comfortable home for life. As a graduate of this course, you'll be able to:
- Describe the home ownership market as it relates to the three segments of the aging-in- place market
- Consider contractual and legal concerns for building professionals providing design solutions to the aging-in-place client
- Perform a needs assessment to identify and prioritize the needs, wants and wishes of the aging-in-place client
- Recommend specific design solutions for the aging-in-place client
- Estimate and schedule the aging-in-place project while regarding special considerations
- Identify considerations for executing the job while the client is in residence
Christine Fortenberry will facilitate this session. She is a graduate of Georgia Tech, has been building, developing and remodeling for more than 40 years. She is a guest lecturer for the Georgia Tech School of Architecture and other organizations on the subjects of Universal Design and Aging-in-Place and is an instructor for NAHB.
Cost: $175 Greater Atlanta HBA Member, $195 Other HBA Member, $225 Non-member
Designation: CAPS, CGA, MCSP
Cont. Ed: 6 AIA, 6 CPHB, 6 GA Bldr License, 6 GREC, CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGR, GMB, CSP, MCSP, CMP, MIRM
Call 678-775-1469 or e-mail email@example.com with any questions.
Interested in sponsoring this class? Contact Amanda Mathis at 678-775-1469 for details.