Builder Licensing Exam Prep 4-Week Course with Daniel Jewitt
Georgia state law requires home builders to be licensed and regulated by the State Licensing Board for Residential and General Contractors effective July 1, 2008. Eligibility for licensure will be determined by the board for all candidates who have successfully applied for and passed their licensing examination.
The Greater Atlanta HBA is offering a course to prepare builders for the Basic Contractor exam.
Major topics include:
- Codes (Building and Energy)
- General Construction Knowledge
- Business and Law
The 130-questions exam is an open book test and uses the following reference materials:
- International Residential Code, 2006 with ’07 amendments
- International Energy Conservation Code, 2009 with amendments
- Code of Federal Regulations, 29 CFR 1926 Selections, as of January 2003
- Carpentry and Building Construction, 2004
- The Guide to Good Practice for Handling, Installing, Restraining and Bracing of Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses, 2006
- The Contractor’s Guide to Quality Concrete Construction, 2005
- Modern Masonry-Brick, Block, Stone, 2003
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting, 1987
- Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project Management, 1st Ed
- Georgia Rules of State Licensing Board for Residential and General Contractors
Each participant must have these references for the course. (Books may be purchased before the date of class in the HBA Bookstore.) Please visit our web site at www.atlantahomebuilders.com to see information on other prep courses offered by the HBA for the Basic Contractor exam.
Cost: $500 CPHB Member, $600 Greater Atlanta HBA Member, $800 Other HBA Member, $1,000 Non-member
Cont. Ed: 36 CPHB
Interested in sponsoring this class? Contact Amanda Mathisat 678-775-1469 for details.