Level 1-A: Fundamentals of Erosion and Sediment Control
Do you need to take the mandatory full day class for your blue card?
In 2003, HB285 amended the Georgia Erosion and Sediment Control Act of 1975. These amendments included a mandatory certification program for all individuals involved in land disturbing activities in Georgia.
Who must be certified at this level? Contractors, builders, site superintendents, grading and utility contractors, developers and monitoring consultants must meet the education and training certification requirement by December 31, 2006. The Level 1A Fundamentals Seminar is a one-day course designed to train participants in the proper installation, maintenance and inspection of BMPs on construction sites.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR CLASS:
• Photo ID
• Immigration Status Requirement to Comply with GA Code 50-36-1(e)
1. Checklist for Verification of Lawful Presence within the United States
2. Affidavit of Lawful Presence within the United States (Affidavit Must be Notarized)
3. A Photocopy of one of the 16 approved forms of identification as identified on the attached checklist
LATE ARRIVALS WILL NOT BE ADMITTEDTopics covered in this course are fundamentals of erosion and sediment control, the Georgia Erosion & Sedimentation Act, NPDES Permits, field maintenance, stream buffers, vegetative and structural BMP practices. Requirements for Level IA Certification:
• Register for and attend a Conservation Commission approved and posted "Fundamentals Seminar" (Level IA)William "Bill" Webb will facilitate this course. Bill earned his Associates Degree in Civil Engineering from Southern Polytechnic University in 1969. He is currently a consultant for the Georgia DOT after retiring from 34 years of service. He has taught the Level 1A and Level 1B since 2006 and participated in many field reviews and evaluations on erosion and sedimentation issues.
• Submit the appropriate certification application (given at class)
• Take and receive a passing score of 70% on the Level IA certification exam
Cost: $200 Greater Atlanta HBA member, $225 other HBA member, $250 non-member
Cont. Ed: 6 CPHB, 6 GA Bldr License
Click here to register to attend. Call 678-775-1469 or e-mail email@example.com with any questions.
Interested in sponsoring this class? Contact Amanda Mathis at 678-775-1469 for details.