How to be OSHA Compliant in 2013
Do you know how to save your company up to $70, 000 in fines?
If you're not in OSHA compliance, your fines can reach all the way up to $25,000 per fine! Don’t take the risk! Join us for a short meeting and learn how the legislative changes in 2010 now affect the Residential and Light Commercial construction industry. Attendees will learn:
• What the regulations pertain to subcontractors on the jobsite as well as themselves and any superintendants
• How to become compliant and keep their jobsites safe and avoid potential OSHA fines
• What is the OSHA citation process and how to navigate the system if you receive an OSHA citation
• What are the necessary components (documentation and training) in order to protect their company
• What a repeat citation is and how the fine amounts are multiplied
• What to do if OSHA comes on the jobsite
• How to schedule and navigate an OSHA Informal conference
Mitchell Smith will facilitate this session. Mitchell is the owner of Pike Consulting Group, LLC and has been involved in the construction industry for more than 17 years. He worked as a subcontractor for in the South Metro Atlanta area before working as a finish manager for Meyer-Sutton Homes. He later formed MLT Contracting, LLC, a custom building company. Mitchell also spent time as a firefighter for more than 20 years and has taught many safety classes with the fire service and has certified training in high angle rope rescue and rigging techniques as well as many other life saving skills. Mitchell’s training through the fire service combined with his knowledge of the construction industry has allowed him to develop a safety system that helps builders and subcontractors understand OSHA and how to become OSHA compliant in a fashion that anyone in the construction industry can understand.
Cost: $30 Greater Atlanta HBA member, $40 other HBA member, $50 non-member
Cont. Ed: 3 CPHB, 3 GA Bldr License
Click here to register to attend. Call 678-775-1469 or e-mail email@example.com with any questions.
Interested in sponsoring this class? Contact Amanda Mathis at 678-775-1469 for details.