Advanced Green Building: Building Science
Create a better high-performance home; it’s more than just saving energy!
This NAHB two-day course instructs builders and remodelers on proper building science techniques for constructing and remodeling high-performance homes. The high-performance ideal encompasses more than just energy efficiency—it’s about potentially creating a more durable, environmentally responsible and sustainable living environment. By using case studies, detailed construction drawings and other resources found on GreenBuildingAdvisor.com, NAHB and BuildingGreen, LLC have developed this course to provide builders and remodelers with the highest-level information available. As a graduate of this course, you will be able to:
• Apply building physics to building performance
• Translate building science into elements of design and construction
• Dovetail all features of high performance: energy efficiency, water efficiency, materials efficiency and indoor environmental quality
• Describe the high-performance home and its benefits to both your team and your clients
• Use all aspects of GreenBuildingAdvisor.com, including "My GBA," the site’s project management tool, on individual projects and with your project team
Tom Gotschall will facilitate the class. Tom graduated from the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) in 1983 with a Bachelor of Science in Building Construction and has a background in general contracting and construction & real estate dispute resolution. He has certifications in the Residential Code and the Building Code. Tom is a seasoned arbitrator and a dynamic instructor and speaker on a host of construction topics.
Cost: $300 Greater Atlanta HBA member, $350 other HBA member, $400 non-member
Designation Credit: MCGP
Cont. Ed: 12 CPHB, 12 GA Bldr License, CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGR, GMB, CSP, MCSP, CMP, MIRM
Click here to register to attend. Call 678-775-1469 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Sponsorship opportunities are available! Contact Amanda Mathis at email@example.com or 678-775-1469.