New Brunswick Government Creating Select Committee on Climate Change
On April 8, the Government of New Brunswick announced that a select committee of the legislative assembly is being established to develop a stronger New Brunswick response to climate change.
The all-party committee is charged with consulting the public and interested stakeholders on options to strengthen New Brunswick’s response to climate change. A discussion guide is being developed to aid in these efforts.
Members of the committee are:
- Carleton-Victoria MLA Andrew Harvey;
- Memramcook-Tantramar MLA Bernard LeBlanc;
- Moncton East MLA Monique LeBlanc;
- Charlotte-Campobello MLA John Ames;
- Shippagan-Lamèque-Miscou MLA Wilfred Roussel;
- Oromocto-Lincoln MLA Jody Carr;
- Albert MLA Brian Keirstead; and
- Fredericton South MLA David Coon.
The committee will prepare and table a report of its work in the legislative assembly. The news release is available on the Government of New Brunswick website.