NEW – Federal: Call for proposals to fund clean fuels awareness projects
On June 15, 2022, Natural Resources Canada launched a call for proposals to fund clean fuels awareness projects. Deadline to submit projects is September 13, 2022.
The callout seeks proposals for “innovative projects that aim to increase awareness and reduce knowledge gaps among Canadians and industry on all clean fuel types and clean fuel technologies in the sector.”
NRCan will provide funding through non-repayable contributions between 50% to 75% of the total eligible project costs, with a maximum funding up to $300,000 per project, depending on the organization type.
Selected projects could include the following activities:
- Developing curriculum and/or training material for a target audience;
- Implementing targeted outreach and awareness campaigns;
- Offering in-person professional training, industry-led skills training and centres of expertise;
- Establishing a web-based resource and/or information portal;
- Implementing a national or regional clean fuels mentorship or ambassador program;
- Developing best-practices guides and educational tools to support targeted audiences or all Canadians; and
- Executing a series of in-person and/or virtual meetings, presentations, technology demonstrations or other events.
For further information on the program please visit here.
The CPA encourages members to evaluate whether your respective company can participate in this program, as propane could and should play a role in a low-carbon future for Canada.