CPA expands outreach to raise industry profile
The CPA has set a focus to speak to more external audiences at energy-centered events. This will meet two important mandates: raise the profile of the industry and ensure that key stakeholders are aware of the role that propane can and should play in the energy transition.
To this end, the CPA participated at the following activities in Calgary, Alberta over the past month:
- May 25: Attended the Energy Roundtable
- May 26: Moderated the "Energy Transition” roundtable at the Forward Summit
- June 7-9: Global Energy Show
- Presented on the importance of cross-border collaboration between the CPA and the Propane Education and Research Council at the U.S. Consulate forum
- Moderated a “policy report card” as part of the Methane Emission Leadership Alliance pavilion
- Presented on the role of propane in the energy transition on the Mainstage
As a result of the CPA’s work at the Global Energy Show, coordinator DMG events approached the Association to facilitate a “propane zone” for next year’s event. This is a significant opportunity for the propane industry and members. The Global Energy Show is one of North America’s leading energy events, with over 30,000 attendees, 600-plus exhibiting companies and 300-plus presenting speakers.
The CPA will continue to seek out opportunities to promote the benefits of propane. Members are encouraged to send key conferences, events and trade show emails for consideration to VP of Government Relations, West, Katie Kachur.