ON: Government extends COVID-19 Orders, increases restrictions for some regions
The Ontario government has extended all orders currently in force under the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020 (ROA) until January 20, 2021.
The government has also moved several regions from their current level in the Keeping Ontario Safe and Open Framework. This action imposes stricter public health measures in an effort to reduce transmission in these regions and avoid broader closures.
- Windsor-Essex County Health Unit; and
- York Region Public Health.
- Middlesex-London Health Unit;
- Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit; and
- Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health.
- Eastern Ontario Health Unit
- Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
All other public health regions will remain at their current level. Please visit Ontario.ca/covidresponse for the full list of public health region classifications.