NEW – BC: New cabinet announced
British Columbia Premier John Horgan announced a new cabinet on November 27, 2020 while warning about challenging times ahead because of the pandemic.
The new cabinet includes 20 ministers and four ministers of state. The cabinet will be supported in its work by 13 parliamentary secretaries, with portfolios including rural development, anti-racism, and technology and innovation.
The cabinet and parliamentary secretaries of interest to CPA members are as follows:
- Attorney General and Minister Responsible for Housing: David Eby
- Advanced Education, Skills and Training: Anne Kang (Parliamentary Secretary - Skills Training: Andrew Mercier)
- Agriculture, Food and Fisheries: Lana Popham
- Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation: Bruce Ralston
- Environment and Climate Change Strategy: George Heyman (Parliamentary Secretary - Environment: Kelly Greene)
- Finance: Selina Robinson
- Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development: Katrine Conroy
- Minister of State for Lands, Natural Resource Operations: Nathan Cullen
- Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation: Murray Rankin
- Jobs, Economic Recovery and Innovation: Ravi Kahlon
- Minister of State for Trade: George Chow
- Labour: Harry Bains
- Municipal Affairs: Josie Osborne
- Public Safety and Solicitor General: Mike Farnworth
- Transportation and Infrastructure: Rob Fleming
A complete list of cabinet appointments may be found here.