DECEMBER 14 IS DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS FOR THE 9TH ANNUAL JOHN J. MURPHY SCHOLARSHIP.
Eligible Applicants are children or dependents (including spouses) of a Supply Chain Logistics Department employee whose Company's membership dues are current.
The 2019 John J. Murphy Scholarships will include AWARD DISTRIBUTIONS TOTALING $22,500.00.
The primary award of $7,500 will be awarded to whom is determined to be the most qualified individual based on review of submitted applications by the current Officers and Board members of Food Shippers of America. The top applicant will be invited to attend the Food Shippers of America annual conference for a presentation of scholarship award Monday morning of the 3 day event. Additional consideration will be given to applicants with a major in Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
Additional awards of $5,000 and $4,000 will be presented to the second and third most qualified individuals. The fourth most qualified applicant will receive $3,000 and the fifth and sixth most qualified applicants will receive $2,000 and $1,000 accordingly. We encourage all interested students to apply. Additional consideration will be given to those applicants with a major concentrating in Business, Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
The guidelines for becoming an applicant for this scholarship are as follows:
1. Applicant must be a child or dependent of a Supply Chain Logistics department employee of a Food Shippers of America member company whose membership has been paid for in full.
2. “Supply Chain” scholarship requires enrollment in a college program with additional merit placed on those majoring in Logistics or Supply Chain Management. Additional awards are available to all applicants enrolled in a college program; however additional consideration will be allocated to those applicants with a major concentrating in Business, Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
3. Applicant must have maintained at least a 3.5 grade point average during their junior and senior years of high school and/or have maintained this average if currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate courses.
4. Applicant packet must be completed in its entirety.
5. Received applications will be reviewed and selections determined by the current sitting Officers and Board members of Food Shippers of America.
6. Applicants can reapply as long as they have not previously received the John J Murphy Scholarship top award.
2019 Applicants- Please complete the attached application and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Food Shippers of America Scholarship C/O FSA-MDI 2800 S River Road Suite 275 Des Plaines, IL 60018. All completed applications and supporting documentation must be received by received by December 14th, 2018.
For additional information please click here