Awareness is the key to preventing the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19 in our workplaces. Most employers are now faced with creating protection plans and training for employees concerning COVID-19. TEXO has created this online training module to assist with the awareness training of COVID-19 required for compliance. Resources used to create the training were collected from OSHA, CDC, World Health Organization and Texas Health and Human Services.
OSHA 30-Hour Construction safety course is intended for supervisors or for workers with some safety responsibility. It provides a greater depth and variety of training on an expanded list of topics associated with workplace hazards than the TEXO Safety First class. Topics include recognition, avoidance, abatement and prevention of safety and health hazards found in the workplace.
WHEN: Sept. 21-24 | 7 a.m. - 3:40 p.m.
Join SMPS Dallas, TEXO and AIA Dallas for an exclusive discussion where our expert panelists will dive into the current state of our economy and the impacts of the upcoming elections on the A/E/C Industry as a whole as we move into 2021.
- Eric Griffin, Managing Director, Dallas Regional Chamber
- Will McAdams, President of ABC of Texas
- Kirk Yoshida, Senior Consultant of Strategic Partnerships, Inc.
WHEN: Thursday, Sept. 24 | 9-10:30 a.m.
WHERE: Via GoToWebinar
Toss your rods in the back of the truck and hitch up your boats – the 2020 ASA | TEXO Foundation Bass Tournament, part of our 2020 Challenge Cup competition series presented by Milwaukee Tool, is next week, Sept. 25-26, and we look forward to seeing y'all there!
WHEN: Friday, Sept. 25 (Pre-Fish Day - not mandatory) & Saturday, Sept. 26 (Tournament Day)
WHERE: Lake Fork Marina | 275 Co Rd 1558, Alba, TX 75410
This second edition of the PMDP is designed to specifically meet the needs of today's construction industry. The curriculum combines activities and shared experiences to provide the necessary skills and knowledge to increase the participant's ability to work successfully with others to ensure project success. This recently updated, 40-hour, VIRTUAL classroom training was developed by AGC member company project managers for aspiring and new construction project managers.
WHEN: Weekly Virtual Meetings Sept. 30 - Dec. 9
WHERE: Via GoToWebinar
- A "No Handshake" policy will be in effect at all events. This includes fist bumps, elbow bumps and other greetings that go against the 6-foot social distancing practices.
- Social distancing practices will be put in place in all common areas.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the registration table and in front of all meal stations.
- Common areas will be wiped down consistently throughout the course of the event.
- Attendees are encouraged to wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after any eating, blowing of the nose, coughing, sneezing and using the bathroom.
- Attendees who have any symptoms related to COVID-19 are discouraged from attending any events. Attendees who have a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, or vomiting within the previous two weeks of the event should not attend.
2020 has been difficult – but we know positive things can come out of difficult situations. We have learned several things from this crazy year:
- We can productively video conference over the internet (saving fuel, time and energy).
- We need to openly discuss the dynamics of our industry.
- We need each other.
Purpose: To facilitate membership communication in a video conference based roundtable discussion with 10‑15 people about a current topic.
COVID-19 Compliance Best Practices
| Thursday, Sept. 17 | 9-10 a.m.Register Now
Diversity and Inclusion Efforts in the Workplace | Thursday, Sept. 24 | 9-10 a.m.
Platinum: Milwaukee Tools
Gold: Mogul Wealth, Prime Controls, TDIndustries, The Beck Group
Title Sponsor: Brandt
Lunch Sponsor: Eyesite Surveillance
Large Mouth Bass Sponsor: LASCO Acoustics & Drywall
Raffle Prize Sponsor: CORE Construction
Small Mouth Bass Sponsors: Austin Commercial, Daniel Steel, Pecos Construction
Sponsorships still available. Click below to secure your company's today:
CompGroup AGC is a registered safety group formed to administer the workers' compensation program underwritten by Texas Mutual for building construction contractors that are members of the AGC. They offer expert claim oversight, specialized loss prevention services, including extensive practical safety information, workshops and special educational events. Call Julie Schatz @ 972-770-4444 or email the CompGroupAGC@RobertsandCrow.com to get information on how your agent can access this competitive program.
Through Reliant Energy’s partnerships with AGC Texas Building Branch, TEXO members receive exclusive benefits for using and promoting Reliant Energy for electric service.