Marriott’s Commitment to Cleanliness and Safety Amid COVID-19
The health and safety of our attendees is our priority and we are glad to announce that our partner hotel for EDGE 2020, the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center, is committed to providing a safe environment that aligns with expert protocols to defeat COVID-19.
Marriot International has formed the Marriott Cleanliness Council which consists of in-house and outside experts in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention, and hotel operations. The Council is redefining cleaning and safety standards for Marriott properties to ensure a continued focus on the health and safety of guests and associates. Specific areas of focus include:
- New Cleaning Technologies – Marriott is rolling out enhanced technologies, including electrostatic sprayers, to sanitize surfaces throughout the hotel. Marriot is also testing ultraviolet light technology for sanitizing guest keys and devices shared by associates.
- Mobile App – Marriot’s mobile technologies provide reassurance and distancing options for guests. In more than 3,200 hotels, including Gaylord Palms, you can use a phone to check-in, access your room, and order room service.
- Public Spaces – Marriott International is going above and beyond typical protocols by cleaning surfaces with increased frequency, dedicated staff, and recommended cleaning agents in public spaces and high-traffic areas.
- Hand Sanitizer – Marriot is installing hand sanitizing stations at hotel entrances, the front desks, elevator banks, and meeting spaces.
- Social Distancing – Signage in public spaces reminds guests to maintain social distancing. Partitions added at check-in will provide an extra level of precaution for guests and associates.
- Guest Rooms – In guest rooms, Marriott is elevating rigorous protocols to clean all surfaces with hospital-grade disinfectants thoroughly. Disinfecting wipes will be available in each room for guest use.