CDA looking for coordinator for Regulation committee
Print this Article | Send to Colleague
The Canadian Dam Association (CDA) is seeking a person to provide organizational and administrative support to its Regulation of Dams Committee.
This is a part-time, paid contract position working with the chair of the Regulation of Dams Committee to help it fulfill its mandate.
The Coordinator will assist the chair in maintaining an active committee of representatives from across the country involved in the public policy and regulation aspects of dams in Canada. The committee:
- shares information among Committee and all CDA members on issues related to dam regulations, their content, implementation and enforcement;
- discusses the potential implications for regulators, dam owners, dam practitioners, communities and other stakeholders; and
- develops strategies to address issues related to dam regulations.
This is a flexible position that will be of interest to:
- a junior or mid-career individual with some knowledge of water and/or mine tailings dams and an interest in public policy related to dams and critical infrastructure; or
- a retired or semi-retired individual, who wishes to continue their contributions to dam safety in Canada.
To read the full position description and for more information, click here.