January Coal Q&A Webcast – 2016 Coal Markets Update
Steve Piper, Director Energy Research SNL Energy
Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 2-3pm Eastern
As 2016 commences, is there good news to be found in the domestic coal market? What are the key factors of success or distress in each production region?
Join us as Steve Piper returns to the ACC Coal Q&A series to share SNL’s market outlook. Steve will address:
• Aggregate supply/demand forecast to 2020
• Impacts of gas displacement, coal retirements/conversions, and renewables
• Basin production outlook 2016-2017
• Key factors of success/distress for each region
• Longer term scenarios of ultimate U.S. coal market size
• Gas displacement – further risk versus potential upside
• Clean Power Plan – potential outcomes
Also, be sure to mark your calendars for our February Coal Q&A webcast
February Coal Q&A Webcast – "Leveling the Playing Field: Policy Parity for Carbon Capture and Storage Technologies"
Janet Gellici, CEO National Coal Council
Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - 2-3pm Eastern
There is no charge for members of the American Coal Council to attend the webcast, but pre-registration is required. Non-members may register for a fee of $50.