GHRAC Outstanding Archives Awards Program - Nominations Now Open
GHRAC established the Outstanding Archives Awards Program in 2003 to recognize outstanding efforts in archives and records work in Georgia. By publicly recognizing excellent achievements, the Board strives to inspire others. Nominations may be submitted by June 1, 2023.
All of the following are eligible for an award. You may nominate your own organization.
- Local governments, courts, school systems, state agencies, and institutions
- Historical records repositories, historical societies, libraries, and museums
- Educators, students, and researchers
- Legislators and government officials
- Individuals and organizations who support archives and records management
- Specialized subject societies in related fields such as oral history, genealogy, folklore, archaeology, business history, etc.
Information about the GHRAC Awards Program is located on the website of the Georgia Archives, www.georgiaarchives.org.
A nomination package consists of the one-page nomination form (please provide all requested contact information), a 500-word or less summary or project description, a copy of the work itself, and any supporting documentation necessary to appropriately portray the complete work (such as in the case of a project which includes an exhibit, a website, or an audiovisual, instructional, service, or performance component). Please note specific requirements in the appropriate selection criteria for nominations.
If submitted electronically, one copy of the nomination package should be emailed to: Christopher.Davidson@usg.edu. If submitted as hard copy, seven complete nomination packages should be sent to: GHRAC, c/o Christopher Davidson, Georgia Archives 5800 Jonesboro Rd. Morrow, GA 30260 (Copies will not be returned). Nominators should pay particular attention to the following requirements:
1. Georgia students who research and write in an area other than Georgia history or a Georgia subject must use the resources of Georgia records repositories to qualify for these awards.
2. A letter of support from a professor, teacher, adviser, or other appropriate representative of an organization or institution must accompany students who nominate themselves or are nominated by a family member. Award recipients are typically notified in August or September, and the annual GHRAC Awards Reception and Ceremony are held at the Georgia Archives in October.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get involved and shine the spotlight on the organizations and individuals all across Georgia who are dedicated to preserving and sharing our history, and improving our record keeping.
For additional information, please contact GHRAC by phone at 678-364-3806, or email Christopher.Davidson@usg.edu.