Starting a business involves planning, making key financial decisions and completing a series of legal activities. These 10 steps can help you plan, prepare and manage your business.
>>Social Media 101: A Roadmap to Winning Customers - Webinar, Aug. 13, 2 p.m.
Do you have questions about the best way to market your new or existing small business? Join the Small Business Administration (SBA) and AARP during a free hour-long webinar on August 13 at 2 p.m. (ET) to learn about:
- Developing a marketing plan
- Using social media
- Building a website
- Sizing up the competition
- And more!
>>LEARNING CENTER: Strategic Planning and Understanding Your Customer - Online Courses
Failing to plan is planning to fail. Do you have a plan for your business? Learn how to create a strategic plan in this course.
- Learn what a strategic plan is and how it’s different from other types of planning
- Discover the pre-work steps needed before you start your strategic planning
- See common steps in the strategic planning process
Knowing your customer is a vital part of effectively selling your product or service. This course will introduce you to tools and resources that will help you understand your customer and increase sales.
- Discover how to learn more about your customers
- Learn how to identify your customers’ needs and what drives buying decisions
- Create your marketing mix and target your customers using the techniques learned in the course