TAPPI Over The Wire Paper 360
Past Issues | Printer Friendly | TAPPI.org | Advertise | Buyers Guide | Travels with Larry Archive FacebookTwitterLinkedIn
       

Konecranes Launches Quick Ship Program for Industrial Overhead Cranes

Print Print this Article | Send to Colleague

 
Konecranes, Springfield, Ohio, USA, started its Quick Ship Program this week, shipping a complete, competitively priced industrial overhead crane in capacities up to 10-tons in four weeks or less. The Quick Ship Program  crane package will include a high-quality Konecranes CXT hoist, end trucks, power supply, and single girder steel in spans up to 52 ft., shipped to the customer in four weeks.
 
"Customers can obtain a competitively priced crane quickly, with no compromise on quality," said Konecranes Mark Ubl, VP, industrial crane products, Region Americas. "By including the steel, we take all of the guesswork out of delivery and completion. Customers know exactly when their crane will be shipped and can be confident that it contains all the components they need."
 
Ubl stressed that for facilities with capital expenditure budgets that may have earmarked funds for a 2014 crane purchase, Konecranes Quick Ship Program allows managers to complete the purchase to meet construction deadlines.
 
Quick Ship overhead cranes from Konecranes will be available in 3-, 5-, 7.5-, and 10-ton capacities, with either a two-speed hoist or VFD inverter controls. The full-featured cranes will also include Konecranes hand-held mini-joystick radio control with pendant backup and the low-headroom CXT hoist that improves hook coverage of facility floor space. A plug and play festoon system and numerous safety features are all part of the package. 
 
"Cranes purchased through Konecranes Quick Ship Program receive an additional year of warranty, three years total, including both parts and labor," said Ubl. "In addition to the overall high quality of the Quick Ship crane, this feature is something that is currently unmatched in the North American lifting market," he continued.
 
Konecranes Quick Ship Program cranes will be manufactured in three locations: Houston, Texas, and Franklin, Ohio, in the U.S., and Edmonton, AB, in Canada, which helps reduce shipping costs. Konecranes is also available to install and commission the Quick Ship cranes.
 
"We expect that about 60% of the CXT cranes ordered through the Quick Ship Program will go direct to end-users, with the remaining 40% being ordered by contractors, architects, and engineers," said Ubl. "I am confident that both end-users and our EPC partners will be quick to embrace the quality, warranty, and time-management benefits of our Quick Ship Program."
 

Back to TAPPI: Over The Wire

Share Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn