Latest Edition of National Concrete Consortium Newsletter Is Now Online
The NCC E-News is issued by the National Concrete Pavement Technology Center. The following are covered in more details with links to research reports.
• The September 2017 MAP Brief, "Concrete Pavement Recycling – Project Selection and Scoping" provides guidance on identifying projects that may be good candidates for concrete recycling as well as considerations for uses of recycled concrete aggregate.
• The Michigan DOT polled NCC members regarding pullout testing for tie lanes.
• The Texas DOT recently investigated the replacement of coarse aggregate in concrete pavements with recycled asphalt pavement.
• A recent Louisiana DOT research project investigated the structural performance and load carrying capacity of thin roller compacted concrete surfaces under accelerated pavement testing.
• The University of Utah recently completed a research project with the objective of determining the impact of fiber-reinforced concrete on bonding.
• A recent TRB project evaluated the short- and long-term effects of load transfer restoration with diamond grinding.
Click here to access the newsletter.