Material Handling and Logistics Industry Developing U.S. Roadmap
Print this Article | Send to Colleague
The development of the first-ever U.S. industry roadmap for material handling and logistics (MHL) was announced today. The MHL Roadmap is a broad, industry-wide effort to create a blueprint of market, technological and developmental priorities that are needed to accomplish long-term industry goals.
The MHL U.S. Roadmap effort will begin with four, two-day meetings to bring together a variety of market and technology experts in material handling and logistics from industry, universities and government.
Event dates are:
- April 16-17 in Atlanta
- May 7-8 Washington, D.C.
- June 4-5 in Los Angeles
- June 26-27 in Chicago
The results of each event will be rolled up into a single U.S. Roadmap for Material Handling and Logistics report and action plan that will be available for general release by the end of 2013.
Partners developing the Roadmap include:
- Center for Excellence in Logistics and Distribution (CELDi)
- College Industry Council on Material Handling Education (CICMHE)
- Warehousing Education and Research Council (WERC)
- Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association (MHEDA)
- CSCMP's Supply Chain Quarterly
- DC Velocity
- Inbound Logistics
- Logistics Management
- Material Handling & Logistics
- Modern Materials Handling
- Supply Chain Brain
- Supply Chain Management Review
Call for US Roadmap for Material Handling and Logistics Participants
The MHL Roadmap is currently seeking thought leaders to participate in the upcoming workshops. Your participation will not only provide you with the recognition of being a part of the development of this strategic industry initiative but will enable you to:
- Network with thought leaders across a wide variety of backgrounds, interests and expertise
- Bring new ideas back to use in your business and in your career
- Directly influence the future direction of the industry
- Raise awareness of the importance of material handling and logistics to the US economy
- Gain new perspectives on the industry and how it should work in the future
MHI is providing administrative and financial support for the development of the Roadmap. For more information and to participate, visit www.MHLroadmap.org or emailinfo@MHLroadmap.org.