The contest runs until March 31, 2016
The Institute of International Education (IIE), in partnership with Go Overseas and AIFS Study Abroad, CET Academic Programs, IFSA-Butler, and STA Travel, launched the #GoStudyAbroad contest calling on everyone to encourage U.S. college students to study abroad by the time they graduate. Students who enter the contest can win a $10k study abroad scholarship (along with other prizes). Alumni who nominate are eligible to win travel prizes.
We encourage higher education institutions, study abroad organizations, government agencies and others to participate in this nationwide campaign. Please join us in mobilizing study abroad alumni, faculty members and wider campus communities to nominate students to #GoStudyAbroad.
Help Us Reach Our Goal:
If each of our readers shares this message with just 10 study abroad alumni, who in turn nominate 2 students each, we will reach our goal! Help us reach 10,000 alumni who will inspire others to embark upon a life changing study abroad experience!
3 Ways for U.S. Institutions and Organizations to Support the Campaign:
• Connect with your alumni office and make a plan to engage with alumni.
• Identify three campus departments to partner with in spreading the word. Think about
those who you don’t already partner with regularly like Greek Life, Athletics, Life
Sciences and more!
• Engage with your international student community and get them excited about
spreading awareness of their home country.
3 Ways for International Institutions and Organizations to Support the Campaign:
• Connect with American students and visitors currently studying at your institution.
• Gather contact information for your international alumni from the U.S. and make a
plan to reach out to them via email and social media.
• Work on highlighting your university or program and country as a study abroad