|June 22, 2015
||IIE Summit on Generation Study Abroad
To date, more than 600 partners from the U.S. and abroad have joined Generation Study Abroad with a bold vision to double the number of U.S. students studying abroad by the end of the decade.
On October 1-2, the IIE Summit on Generation Study Abroad
will feature high‐level plenary debates, solution‐oriented sessions, think tanks and networking opportunities to mobilize commitments and inspire new actions. The IIE Summit will bring together creative thinkers from a variety of perspectives and sectors, including education, business and government leaders and journalists.
- Does study abroad need to be rebranded for today’s global economy?
- What innovative solutions are most effective in increasing study abroad participation?
- Does study abroad build a globally minded workforce?
- What is the impact of study abroad?
IIE is pleased to announce more plenary speakers
who will participate alongside other dynamic professionals (check here for a full list of speakers):
- Philippe Blondiaux, Global CFO, Chanel USA
- Ángel Cabrera, President, George Mason University
- Pierluigi Dinelli, Chairman and CEO, Pirelli Tire North America
- Ruth Ferguson, Senior Vice President and Head of Human Resources for Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Ulrich Grothus, Deputy Secretary-General, German Academic Exchange Service
- Peter D. Hancock, President and CEO, AIG
- Peter Nicholas Lengyel, President & CEO, Safran USA
- Jon Marcus, Journalist and Author
- Moraa Onyonka, Director of Partnerships & Brand Engagement, Travel Noire
- Eduardo J. Padrón, President, Miami Dade College
- Amanda Ripley, Journalist and Author
- Evan Ryan, Assistant Secretary of State for Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State
Attend a Special Embassy Reception
IIE Summit participants are invited to attend opening receptions hosted by select Generation Study Abroad Country Partners and their Embassies on October 1, 2015. When you register for the IIE Summit, you will be prompted to sign up for one of the four Receptions.
IIE is grateful to the following Embassies for hosting Receptions:
- Embassy of Brazil
- Embassy of New Zealand
- Embassy of Norway
- Embassy of the United Kingdom