The Institute of International Education (IIE) and the Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Education
(SIU) invite U.S. higher education institutions to apply to participate in the International Academic Partnership Program (IAPP) with Norway, which seeks to increase the number of international partnerships between higher education institutions in the U.S. and in Norway. Over the course of the six month program, IAPP will engage a select group of U.S. higher education institutions in training activities focused on implementing strategic partnerships with higher education institutions in Norway, with a special emphasis on the fields of energy and the environment. Past IAPP participants have increased faculty exchanges, implemented strategic partnership plans, and expanded study abroad offerings. IIE and SIU will select approximately 10 U.S. institutions of higher education to participate in the program.
Thanks to the generous support of SIU, all in-country costs for the study tour to Norway will be covered for two representatives from each participating U.S. institution.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2014
Program Cycle: November 2014–June 2015
Study Tour to Norway: April 2015
Program Cost: $6,000 (All in-country costs for two representatives on the study tour are included in the reduced program fee.)
Five Core IAPP Services
- Strategic planning process, including guidelines for assessing on-campus international partnership capacity and developing practical strategic plans for partnership activities in Norway.
- Expert advice and guidance on developing or expanding a strategic plan for partnerships with Norway by one of the members of the IAPP Advisory Board and IIE staff in the United States and abroad.
- A study tour to Norway that will include visits with select higher education institutions, and representatives from the U.S. Embassy, EducationUSA, the Norwegian Fulbright Commission, SIU, private sector companies, and educational exchange organizations. All in-country expenses for two representatives from each institution will be covered as part of the special reduced program fee. Participants are responsible for covering their international airfare.
- A series of training webinars, focused on topics such as implementing strategic partnerships, faculty engagement, developing a consolidated partnership strategy, and higher education in Norway.
- A suite of information resources on the higher education system in Norway, and IIE publications and policy research reports.
Program Manager, Center for International Partnerships
Institute of International Education
Tel: +1 (212) 984 5405
For more information or to download the IAPP application or Special Partnership Initiatives, visit www.iie.org/iapp