This is the final call for applications to IIE’s 2014 International Academic Partnership Program with Brazil, due Friday, October 4, 2013
. Since 2009, IAPP has engaged nearly 100 U.S. higher education institutions in comprehensive, year-long programs aimed at increasing the number of partnerships between U.S. higher education institutions and their counterparts abroad. Past participants have increased faculty exchanges, implemented strategic partnership plans, and expanded study abroad offerings within Brazil. If you are interested in participating in this program, please contact Morgan Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit www.iie.org/iapp
Application Deadline: October 4, 2013
Program Cycle: November 2013–October 2014
Study Tour to Brazil: April or May 2014 (tentative)
Program Cost: IIENetwork
Members $12,500/Non-members $14,000 (This includes all in-country costs for one representative from your institution to travel on the IAPP study tour, not including international airfare.)
Five Core IAPP Services:
- Strategic planning process, including guidelines for assessing on-campus international partnership capacity and developing practical strategic plans for partnership activities in Brazil.
- Expert advice and guidance on developing or expanding a strategic plan for partnerships with Brazil by one of the members of the IAPP Advisory Board and IIE staff in the United States and abroad.
- A study tour to Brazil that will include visits with select higher education institutions, and representatives from the U.S. Embassy, EducationUSA, the Brazilian Fulbright Commission, CAPES and CNPq, and other educational exchange organizations. All in-country expenses for one representative from each institution will be covered as part of the program fees. Participants are responsible for covering their international airfare.
- A series of training webinars, focused on topics such as implementing strategic partnerships, faculty engagement, developing a consolidated partnership strategy, and higher education in Brazil.
- A suite of information resources on the higher education system in Brazil, and IIE publications and policy research reports.
Program Officer, Center for International Partnerships
Institute of International Education
Tel: +1 (212) 984 5405
For more information, or to download the IAPP application or Special Partnership Initiatives, please go to: www.iie.org/iapp