The Institute of International Education (IIE) is delighted to invite you to nominate your program for the 2014 Andrew Heiskell Awards for Innovation in International Education.
Nomination Deadline: October 18, 2013
IIE created these awards to honor outstanding initiatives in international higher education by IIENetwork member
universities and colleges. IIE's Heiskell Awards showcase the most innovative and successful models for internationalization of campuses, study abroad, and international exchange partnerships in practice today.
THE HEISKELL AWARD CATEGORIES:
Category 1: Internationalizing the Campus
Advancing curriculum development, fostering international opportunities and creatively integrating international students into university life.
Category 2: Study Abroad
Providing innovative programs and services to make study abroad accessible to a broader student population. Special emphasis on specific efforts that led to a strong increase in study abroad participation.
Category 3: Best Practices in International Partnerships
Recognizing strategic, comprehensive and innovative international partnership efforts.
Category 4: Internationalizing the Community College Campus
Creating innovative programs and services, including study abroad, to make international opportunities accessible to community college students. (IIE & AACC members are eligible to apply.)
Note: With the exception of Category 1, please submit nominations which focus on particular programs or initiatives, rather than including all campus programs in one nomination.
AWARD ELIGIBILITY AND DETAILS:
- Only IIENetwork member institutions are eligible to apply. (Note: AACC members are also eligible to apply for the Internationalizing the Community College category. For partnership categories, at least one of the partnering institutions must be an IIENetwork member).
- Nominations will be reviewed by the internal and external Heiskell Award Selection Committees in November. Winners will be contacted in December 2013.
- Winning programs will be recognized at IIE’s Best Practices Conference in New York City on March 14, 2014. All winning programs will be showcased on the IIENetwork website and in the IIENetworker magazine. Winners will be presented with an award certificate and a $1,000 prize (shared by winning institutions in the partnership category).
Deadline: October 18, 2013
- Download the application form and email it, along with a letter of support from your institution’s President or Chief Academic Officer, to HeiskellAwards@iie.org by October 18.
- If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader XI (11.0.03), please download this free program before completing the form.
- Each time content is added to the application, please use the Save As option to save your application.
We look forward to receiving your nominations and to learning about the creative ways that you and your campuses are responding to the challenges of preparing the next generation to think and work on a global basis.
If you have any questions about nominating for the Andrew Heiskell Awards for Innovation in International Education, please send an e-mail to HeiskellAwards@iie.org