If your institution is seeking to develop strategic institutional partnerships with higher education institutions in India, please consider applying for IIE's International Academic Partnership Program. IIE’s Center for International Partnerships is pleased to announce the India international partnership initiative for the 2013-2014 cycle. For more information, please go to www.iie.org/iapp
Following four years of success, the International Academic Partnership Program (IAPP) will again select a group of U.S. higher education institutions to participate in a one-year program focused on developing sustainable partnerships with higher education institutions in India. Since 2009, IAPP has engaged more than 75 U.S. higher education institutions in comprehensive strategy-focused programs aimed at increasing the number of partnerships between U.S. higher education institutions and their counterparts abroad. Past participants have increased their faculty exchanges, implemented institutional strategic plans, and expanded study abroad offerings within India. If you are interested in participating in this program, please contact Clare Banks at email@example.com
or visit www.iie.org/iapp
Application Deadline: June 21, 2013
Program Cycle: August 2013–July 2014
Study Tour to India: January or February 2014 (tentative)
Program Cost: IIENetwork Members $11,500/Non-members $13,000 (This includes all in-country costs for one representative from your institution to travel on the IAPP study tour, not including international airfare.)
Five Core IAPP Services
- Strategic planning process, including guidelines for assessing on-campus international partnership capacity and developing practical strategic plans for partnership activities in India.
- Expert advice and guidance on developing or expanding a strategic plan for partnerships with Indian higher education institutions by one of the members of the IAPP India Advisory Board and IIE staff in the United States and in India.
- A study tour to the focus country that will include visits with select higher education institutions, the U.S. Embassy/Consulate representatives, EducationUSA, the Fulbright Commission, and other educational exchange organizations. All in-country expenses for one representative from each institution will be covered as part of the program fees. Participants are responsible for covering their international airfare.
- A series of training webinars, focused on topics such as implementing strategic partnerships, faculty engagement, developing a consolidated partnership strategy, and higher education in India.
- A suite of information resources on the higher education system in the focus country, and IIE publications and policy research reports.
Senior Manager, Center for International Partnerships
Institute of International Education
Tel: +1 (212) 984 5481
For more information, or to download the IAPP India application please go to: www.iie.org/iapp