If your institution is seeking to develop strategic institutional partnerships with higher education institutions in Vietnam, consider applying for IIE's International Academic Partnership Program, administered by IIE’s Center for International Partnerships in Higher Education www.iie.org/iapp
Following more than three years of success, the International Academic Partnership Program (IAPP) will engage a select group of U.S. colleges and universities in strategic planning activities focused on implementing partnerships with higher education institutions in Vietnam. Since 2009, IAPP has engaged more than 70 U.S. higher education institutions in comprehensive, yearlong programs aimed at increasing the number of focused, sustainable partnerships between U.S. higher education institutions and their counterparts abroad. Past participants have utilized the IAPP strategic planning process to initiate long-term partnerships that aim to increased faculty exchanges, diversify study abroad offerings, and stimulate joint research.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2013
Program Cycle: May 2013-April 2014
Study Tour to Vietnam: October/November 2013
Program Cost: IIENetwork Members $11,500/Non-members $13,000 (This includes all in-country costs for one representative from your institution to travel on the IAPP study tour, not including international airfare.)
Five Core IAPP Services
- Strategic planning process, including guidelines for assessing on-campus international partnership capacity and developing practical strategic plans for partnership activities in Vietnam.
- Expert advice and guidance on developing or expanding a strategic plan for partnerships with Vietnam by a member of the IAPP Advisory Board and IIE staff in the United States and abroad.
- A study tour to Vietnam that will include visits to select higher education institutions, the U.S. Embassy, EducationUSA Advising Centers, the Fulbright Commission, and other educational exchange organizations. All in-country expenses for one representative from each institution will be covered as part of the program fees. Participants are responsible for covering their international airfare.
- A series of training webinars, focused on topics such as implementing strategic partnerships, faculty engagement, developing a consolidated partnership strategy, and higher education in Vietnam.
- A suite of information resources on the higher education system in Vietnam, and IIE publications and policy research reports.
Senior Manager, Center for International Partnerships
Institute of International Education
Tel: +1 (212) 984 5481
For more information, or to download the IAPP application, please go to: www.iie.org/iapp