If your institution is seeking to develop strategic institutional partnerships with higher education institutions in Colombia, please consider applying for IIE's International Academic Partnership Program. IIE’s Center for International Partnerships is pleased to announce the Colombia international partnership initiative for the 2014-2015 cycle. In order to accommodate the July 4th holiday week, IIE has extended the application deadline to July 7, 2014.
Following five years of success, the International Academic Partnership Program (IAPP) will again guide a select a group of U.S. higher education institutions over the course of a year in strategic planning activities focused on implementing partnerships with counterparts in Colombia. Since 2009, IAPP has engaged over 100 U.S. higher education institutions in comprehensive, year-long programs aimed at increasing the number of partnerships between U.S. higher education institutions and their counterparts abroad. Past participants have increased faculty exchanges, implemented strategic partnership plans, and expanded study abroad offerings. If you are interested in participating in this program, please contact Morgan Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit www.iie.org/iapp
- Application Deadline: Extended to July 7th, 2014
- Program Cycle: August 2014–July 2015
- Study Tour to Colombia: February 2015
- Program Cost: IIENetwork Members $12,500/Non-members $14,000 (This includes all in-country costs for one representative from your institution to travel on the IAPP study tour, not including international airfare.)
Five Core IAPP Services
- Strategic planning process, including guidelines for assessing on-campus international partnership capacity and developing practical strategic plans for partnership activities in Colombia.
- Expert advice and guidance on developing or expanding a strategic plan for partnerships with Colombia by one of the members of the IAPP Advisory Board and IIE staff in the United States and abroad.
- A study tour to Colombia that will include visits with select higher education institutions, and representatives from the U.S. Embassy, EducationUSA, the Colombian Fulbright Commission, and other educational exchange organizations. All in-country expenses for one representative from each institution will be covered as part of the program fees. Participants are responsible for covering their international airfare.
- A series of training webinars, focused on topics such as implementing strategic partnerships, faculty engagement, developing a consolidated partnership strategy, and higher education in Colombia.
- A suite of information resources on the higher education system in Colombia, and IIE publications and policy research reports.
Program Officer, Center for International Partnerships
Institute of International Education
Tel: +1 (212) 984-5405
For more information, or to download the IAPP application, please go to: www.iie.org/iapp