Nomination Deadline: October 19, 2012
The Institute of International Education (IIE) invites you to nominate your program for the 2013 Andrew Heiskell Awards for Innovation in International Education.
IIE created these awards to honor outstanding initiatives in international higher education by IIENetwork member universities and colleges. IIE's Heiskell Awards showcase the most innovative and successful models for internationalization of campuses, study abroad, and international exchange partnerships in practice today. There are four award categories for 2013.
THE HEISKELL AWARD CATEGORIES
Category 1: Internationalizing the Campus
Advancing curriculum development, fostering international opportunities, and creatively integrating international students into university life.
Category 2: Study Abroad
Providing innovative programs and services to make study abroad accessible to a broader student population.
Category 3: Best Practices in International Partnerships
Recognizing strategic, comprehensive, and innovative international partnership efforts.
Category 4: Internationalizing the Community College
Creating innovative programs and services, including study abroad, to make international opportunities accessible to community college students. (IIE and AACC members are eligible to apply.)
Note: With the exception of Category 1, please submit nominations that focus on particular programs or initiatives, rather than including all campus programs in one nomination.
AWARD ELIGIBILITY AND DETAILS
- Only IIENetwork member institutions are eligible to apply. (Note: AACC members are also eligible to apply for the Internationalizing the Community College category. For partnership categories, at least one of the partnering institutions must be an IIENetwork member.)
- Nominations will be reviewed by the internal and external Heiskell Award Selection Committees in October and November. Winners will be contacted in December 2012.
- Winning programs will be recognized at IIE’s Best Practices Conference in New York City on March 22, 2013. All winning programs will be showcased on the IIENetwork website and in the IIENetworker magazine. Winners will be presented with an award certificate and a $1,000 prize (shared by winning institutions in the partnership category).
Deadline: October 19, 2012
- Download the application form and email it, along with a letter of support from your institution’s President or Chief Academic Officer, to HeiskellAwards@iie.org by October 19.
- If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.3.3, please download this free program before completing the form.
- Each time content is added to the application, please use the "Save As" option to save your application.
We look forward to receiving your nominations and learning about the creative ways that you and your campuses are responding to the challenges of preparing the next generation to think and work on a global basis.
If you have any questions about nominating for the Andrew Heiskell Awards for Innovation in International Education, please send an email to HeiskellAwards@iie.org