|May 17, 2012
If your institution is seeking to develop strategic institutional partnerships with higher education institutions in India, Brazil, Burma, or Libya, please consider applying for one of IIE's International Partnership Initiatives. IIE’s Center for International Partnerships is pleased to announce the following international partnership initiatives for the 2012-2013 cycle. For more information, please go www.iie.org/iapp.
International Academic Partnership Program
Following three years of success, the International Academic Partnership Program (IAPP) will again select a group of U.S. higher education institutions over the course of a year in strategic planning activities focused on implementing partnerships with higher education institutions in India and Brazil. Since 2009, IAPP has engaged more than 50 U.S. higher education institutions in comprehensive, yearlong programs aimed at increasing the number of partnerships between U.S. higher education institutions and their counterparts abroad. If you are interested in participating in this program, please contact Clare Banks at email@example.com or visit www.iie.org/iapp.
- INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM (IAPP)—FOCUS COUNTRY: INDIA
Application Cycle Begins: May 1, 2012
Application Deadline: June 15, 2012
Program Cycle: August 2012–July 2013
Study Tour to India: February or March 2013 (tentative)
Program Cost: IIENetwork Members $11,500/Non-members $13,000 (This includes all in-country costs for one representative from your institution to travel on the IAPP study tour, not including international airfare.)
- INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM (IAPP)—FOCUS COUNTRY: BRAZIL
Application Cycle Begins: September 1, 2012
Application Deadline: October 1, 2012
Program Cycle: November 2012–October 2013
Study Tour to Brazil: April or May 2013 (tentative)
Program Cost: IIENetwork Members $12,500/Non-members $14,000 (This includes all in-country costs for one representative from your institution to travel on the IAPP study tour, not including international airfare.)
Special Partnership Initiatives and Delegations
IIE's Center for International Partnerships will also be launching two Special Partnership Initiatives, focusing on Burma and Libya. These programs are likely to occur in 2013. Similar to IAPP, these programs will select a group of U.S. higher education institutions to participate in an accelerated strategic planning process for developing institutional partnerships with Burma and Libya. Each program will include a study tour/delegation to the focus country. Interested institutions should fill out the Special Partnership Initiatives Interest Form available at www.iie.org/Programs/International-Academic-Partnership-Program/Special-Partnership-Initiatives, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about IAPP
Five Core IAPP Services
- Strategic planning process, including guidelines for assessing on-campus international partnership capacity and developing practical strategic plans for partnership activities in the focus country.
- Expert advice and guidance on developing or expanding a strategic plan for partnerships with the focus country by one of the members of the IAPP Advisory Board and IIE staff in the United States and abroad.
- A study tour to the focus country that will include visits to select higher education institutions, the U.S. Embassy, EducationUSA Advising Centers, the Fulbright Commission, and other educational exchange organizations. All in-country expenses for one representative from each institution will be covered as part of the program fees. Participants are responsible for covering their international airfare.
- A series of training webinars, focused on topics such as implementing strategic partnerships, faculty engagement, developing a consolidated partnership strategy, and higher education in the focus country.
- A suite of information resources on the higher education system in the focus country, and IIE publications and policy research reports.
Senior Manager, Center for International Partnerships
Institute of International Education
Tel: +1 (212) 984 5481
For more information, or to download the IAPP application or Special Partnership Initiatives, please go to: www.iie.org/iapp.