The Institute of International Education is planning to launch a new IIEPassport Study Abroad column, which will appear on a regular basis on the IIEPassport.org website, the leading study abroad resource for U.S. students for over 50 years.
Concept Papers for a Monthly Column
We welcome brief concept papers from study abroad advisers that outline their ideas for a monthly column on the IIEPassport.org site. The concept papers should be 1-2 pages in length (500-1,000 words), and should include an overview of the topics that contributors hope to address in their columns. Sample topics include but are not limited to:
- The week-to-week activities of a study abroad adviser
- Study abroad trends that you have observed in your position
- The rewards and challenges of your position
- Information and tips that you wish all of your students knew
- Perspectives from students at your institution who have just returned from study abroad trips
- How technology is shaping both your position and your students’ experiences
The columns on the IIEPassport.org site should be personal, engaging, and informative for the students who visit the site. We request that the accepted columnists contribute at least one post per month of approximately 500-1,000 words. Photos to accompany the posts are welcome.
If you would like to be a columnist, please submit your concept papers by Thursday, March 1, 2012.
Please address all inquiries to:
Institute of International Education
For more information on IIEPassport, please visit: www.iiepassport.org.