The 2016 IIE Summit on Generation Study Abroad will take place on October 23-25, 2016 at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, DC. The 2016 IIE Summit will bring education, government and business leaders and journalists together for action-oriented discussion on how to ensure international experience is a key part of a 21st century education and make study abroad opportunities available to all. The 2016 IIE Summit will continue to push the envelope to change how we think and "do" study abroad as we work together to achieve our ambitious goal.
Building on last year’s popular interactive sessions and networking opportunities, the 2016 IIE Summit aims to go beyond the traditional panel format – to engage participants in hands-on learning and outside-of-the-box thinking – by exploring innovative action plans, designing an effective strategy, exchanging tools and experimenting with new approaches to further advance our mutual goal. Participate in Think Tanks, LearningLabs, SummitTalks and panel sessions.
Who Should Attend?
• Presidents, Senior International Officers (SIOs), senior level administrators and faculty from U.S. and international
higher education institutions
• Directors of Career Services, Diversity and Study Abroad/International Offices, and Alumni and Donor Relations
• CEOs and senior HR professionals from the private and public sector
• Principals, teachers, and administrators from K-12 schools (particularly high schools) and school districts actively
engaged or interested in global competence education
• Representatives of education associations and study abroad organizations
• Representatives of organizations focused on youth leadership and access to global education
• Representatives of professional associations focused on global talent and workforce development
• Government representatives from education, foreign affairs, and trade departments
Secure Your Hotel Accommodation
IIE is pleased to offer a special negotiated rate at $239 plus tax for single or double occupancy at the Omni Shoreham Hotel. Please secure your hotel room as soon as possible, as the special rate is only offered based on availability.
Are You Interested in Sponsoring or Exhibiting to Promote Your Organization?
The 2016 IIE Summit on Generation Study Abroad represents a unique opportunity to reach influential decision-makers and higher education leaders from across the U.S. and around the world. Last year's inaugural IIE Summit convened more than 600 representatives of commitment partner institutions and organizations from around the world, as well as government and business leaders, Embassy representatives and journalists to discuss ways to increase and diversify study abroad participation. Organizations with an interest in capitalizing on the strong momentum of the Generation Study Abroad initiative should consider sponsorship and/or exhibitor opportunities at the 2016 IIE Summit. There are a limited number of "Strategic Events" and other high-visibility sponsorships available. For information, please review the Sponsorship Prospectus
or contact Jeff Bunkin with IIE’s Media Partner, Naylor, at +1.352.333.3342 or email@example.com.