Call for Proposals Open - 2016 IIE Summit on Generation Study Abroad
The Call for Proposals for the 2016 IIE Summit on Generation Study Abroad is now open. The IIE Summit on October 23-25, 2016 in Washington, DC, will be an opportunity for Commitment Partners and those interested in being part of the Generation Study Abroad movement to explore innovative action plans, exchange effective tools and experiment with new approaches to ensure that thousands of Americans have the opportunity and expectation to undertake an international experience.
The 2016 IIE Summit theme is Doubling Study Abroad by 2020: Explore. Exchange. Experiment.
IIE's Generation Study Abroad brings leaders in education, business and governments together to increase the number and diversity of U.S. college students who study abroad. In its first year, more than 600 partner campuses and organizations have committed to take specific, measurable actions to ensure that more American students graduate with the international experience necessary for success in a globalized world. The latest Open Doors data showed 5% growth in study abroad, but much more is needed to achieve the ambitious goal of doubling study abroad by the end of the decade.
IIE welcomes proposals for one of the following interactive formats:
- Think Tanks: Interactive brainstorming sessions, where participants will engage in big-picture thinking to identify creative solutions to specific challenges.
- LearningLabs: Workshops/Master Classes on specific topics that will help participants to advance their commitments.
- SummitTalks: Short, high-impact individual presentations on hot topics, new ideas and specific solutions relevant to the theme of doubling study abroad by 2020.
- Panel Sessions: Panel discussions that incorporate diverse stakeholders and perspectives. You may also submit individual presentations to be included on a panel.
Proposals should reflect the spirit of innovation across the following four themes:
- New Study Abroad Models and Marketing Directions
- Forging New Partnerships to Advance Your Pledge
- Commitments that Work: Learning from Innovative Solutions (and Failures)
- Making the Case for Study Abroad: Using Data to Promote Study Abroad and Change Perceptions
The IIE Summit will result in the sharing of ideas, research and practices that encourage new ways of approaching study abroad. Participants will walk away with a strong network of partners and with specific resources to find new ways to integrate study abroad into every American's school or college experience.