President's Message – Brian D. Kelley
As we end this year and look forward to our 45th anniversary of GMIS International next year, it is both an honor and privilege to lead GMIS forward as we continue expand our reach and increase our impact upon public sector information technology. Under Matt Wainwright’s leadership as President last year, much was accomplished:
- Membership is up 21 percent and renewals were at 98.7 percent for FY2015
- Data Dive
- Enhanced list serve technology
- Greater participation and reach for the GEM
- GMIS Live!
- Chapter Affiliation Agreements executed – protecting your chapter!
- GMIS Knowledge Center and document repository
- A growing Industry Advisory Council (IAC)
- Increased sponsorship support for the International Conference
- Third consecutive highly successful GMIS International Conference
Kudos to Matt, the International Board, Chapter Officers, CMP Management, and our members for an amazing GMIS team effort resulting in impressive accomplishments that significantly strengthen the mission of GMIS International and increase the value of GMIS membership! Kudos also to Newport Conference Director Justin Heyman, the Conference Committee, and the Rhode Island Chapter for an AWESOME conference. Be sure to save the date for the GMIS International Annual Conference to be held August 14-18, 2016, in Atlantic City, New Jersey!
GMIS International is blessed with a new board of officers for 2015-2016 full of GMIS passion and zeal to press on with the new initiatives launched last year and new projects and endeavors for 2016. I encourage all members to take advantage of all that both GMIS International and your local chapter offer. The Internet of Things, cybersecurity, and disruptive technology continue to challenge us in delivering IT across the enterprise in the information age. GMIS provides invaluable knowledge, networking, tools, info and answers that can help us immeasurable as we strive to meet these IT challenges or much more in the 21st century! Carpe diem!
Brian D. Kelley