PEI: Propane Consumers Winners in New Budget
Propane consumers winners in the province of Prince Edward Island's new budget presented on April 6, 2018.
The provincial portion of HST will be rebated on firewood, pellets and propane through a point of sale credit or rebate. The CPA will share additional information on this measure as it becomes available.
Other budget details include an additional $107 million in spending over the projected estimates for 2017-18, a 5.7% increase, while a small surplus was posted for both the previous and current fiscal years.
Health PEI is the biggest beneficiary of Finance Minister Heath MacDonald's first budget, with $32 million added to its budget, but many other departments also saw significant increases:
- Communities, Land and Environment: $8.6M
- Education, Early Learning and Culture: $18M
- Family and Human Services: $18M
- Transportation, Infrastructure and Energy: $11M
- Workforce and Advanced Learning: $6.7M
For a more detailed look at the 2018 Budget, please click here.