ON: Ontario Lobby Day a Great Success!
The Canadian Propane Association (CPA) held its Ontario Lobby Day on April 16 at the Ontario Legislature in Queen’s Park. Braving the elements, more than 30 CPA members met with more than 30 MPPs, ministers and political staff. Check out our photo album on our Facebook page as well as the Member Statement at the Ontario Legislature.
Lobby Day provided a productive platform for the industry to come together and advocate the many benefits propane can play in helping the Ontario economy and environment adapt to climate change and meet Ontario’s commitment to reduce greenhouse gases.
The CPA proposed several key initiatives that called on the Government of Ontario to:
- Adopt CPA’s proposed Switch Off-Oil Residential Program into the Green Ontario Fund to incentivize conversions of over 200,000 heating oil furnaces to low-emission propane furnaces:
Calling upon all sides of the legislature and political parties to support the proposed Switch Off-Oil program without delay in advance of the summer season.
- Include propane in the Green Commercial Vehicle Program (GCVP) without delay:
Calling upon opposition members to support the inclusion of propane in the GCVP.
The day included meetings with:
- Hon. Kathryn McGarry, Minister of Transportation
- Hon. Jeff Leal, Minister of Agriculture
- Hon. Bob Chiarelli, Minister of Infrastructure
- Laurie Scott, MPP for Haliburton - Kawartha Lakes - Brock
- France Gélinas, MPP for Nickel Belt
- Jen Norman, Chief of Staff to Hon. Chris Ballard
- John Yakabuski, MPP for Renfrew - Nipissing - Pembroke
- Mike Feenstra, Chief of Staff to the Hon. Glenn Thibeault
For questions or additional information, please contact Hando Kang, CPA’s Director of Government Relations, Ontario at (647) 881-1483 or email@example.com.