World Water Day, March 22, is an annual United Nations day to focus attention on the importance of water. Please join CAWST and many other partners in Painting it Blue – together we can inspire Canadians and spark action.
CAWST’s Paint it Blue Campaign is lighting buildings blue from coast to coast on World Water Day. Let’s shine a spotlight on global water issues and the ways we can work together to solve them.
Ways to get involved:
Light up Blue – Some of Canada’s biggest landmarks (including the Calgary Tower, the Toronto sign, the CN Tower, the Peace Bridge, and multiple city halls) are lighting up blue on World Water Day
- Join us in illuminating your building blue for World Water Day
- Spread the word so that your network knows why their local buildings are blue
- Snap a picture to share on social media
- Post informative signage about World Water Day and water issues. We have samples you can use, or come up with your own!
Request a speaker – CAWST can provide speakers for your existing networking event, conference or lunch and learn. We’ll have speakers available throughout March with expertise on the following topics:
- Global water issues
- The link between water and health
- How engineers are addressing global issues
- How simple, affordable technologies make a difference
- The Sustainable Development Goals
Host a World Water Day event – Big or small, host an event in your community
- Arrange a meetup, a lunch and learn or have a conversation with friends over wine. Contact us for help in planning and promoting or for education materials.
- Use our activities for kids from Kindergarten – grade 12
- Go on a tour of the local water treatment plant
Paint it Blue on Social Media
- Add an overlay to your Facebook photo
- Share CAWST’s World Water Day content using #PaintitBlue, #WorldWaterDay
- Learn more about water issues and share it with your network
- Create and share your own water-related content
Blue blogs – Share knowledge of water challenges through a blog post
- Write a blog on water challenges. Email us to explore whether we can feature your blog on our social media or as a guest post on our blog.
- Invite one of our water professionals to do a guest blog post or newsletter article. Email us if you’re interested and we will set you up with one of our staff to tailor an article.