Complete Your CMP Profile and Win
Print this Article | Send to Colleague
Three more winners have been selected in our CMP Profile drawing and each will receive a $50 American Express Gift Card!
- Ms. Erica Deri, CMP, Genetec, St Laurent, PQ, Canada
- Ms. Dayna Swanson, CMP, Monterey Conference Center, Monterey, CA
- Ms. Laiwanna Tutt, CMP, The University of Michigan School of Information, Ann Arbor, MI
If you weren't a winner this month you have another chance...next month we'll announce three more winners. To be entered into the drawing you must have a completed Professional Profile in the official CMP database. Read on for instructions for completing yours!
Completing Your Professional Profile
Follow these easy steps to update your profile.
- Log into your account at http://www.conventionindustry.org/Login.aspx
- Important: If you are unable to access your account due to a change of email address, DO NOT create a new account. Call the CIC offices at 572-527-3116 for assistance.
- Click the "Log in to Your Account" link in the upper right hand corner of the screen to access your personal information page.
- Locate the new "Professional Profile and Interests" section and click "Edit".
- Complete the Professional Profile, Industry Memberships, and Areas of Interest and click "Save".
- Professional Profile – Basic demographic information including your industry sector and professional and educational experience. Select only one occupational category among the Planner, Supplier and Other categories.
- Industry Memberships – Completing this section will help CIC locate you in the event you change jobs or move and don’t update your official CMP records, as well as assisting CIC in understanding the professional membership activities of CMPs.
- Areas of Interest – Indicate all areas where you have or wish to develop a professional focus, skill or expertise. This will help CIC tailor content and programming of publications and events, and locate subject matter experts for future initiatives.
- Publish My Contact Information - The certification status of all CMPs is published in the online CMP Directory. For privacy reasons, the directory by default includes no contact information. However, many CMPs have expressed the desire to have contact information listed so they can be contacted by colleagues and get business leads. CIC has added the ability to opt-in to having your contact information published in the directory. By leaving this box unchecked your contact information will not be listed. If you choose to opt-in to this listing, the contact information that is published is controlled in the "Individual Information" page listed under "My Information".