What a Great First Year!
Print this article | Send to Colleague
I want to thank the board, the members and the staff for their support over the past year. We have accomplished so much together:
- Launched a new logo and tagline for the Association: Learn.Connect.Inspire.
- Updated the Finance Policy, Administrative Policy, and By-laws for IPRA and Foundation
- IPRA Headquarters relocated to the Park District of LaGrange (536 East Ave; LaGrange IL 60525
- Created the Membership Council. The seven section representatives are working to develop the Membership Council operating guidelines
- Reduced the size of the IPRA Board of Directors from 14 to 9 members
- Launched a redesigned website
- Enhanced educational opportunities: 2012 calendar of offering and launching the Education Institute and Leadership Academy this year
- Revived the IPRA Foundation and created an endowment call the "Building Futures Fund"
Lastly, thanks to everyone for a great 2012 conference. This year we had over 4,350 attendees (3,053 delegates and 1,297 exhibitors). This is up 250 from our 2011 conference. Please complete the survey on line so we can continue to improve. Here is what a few of your peers are saying:
"The awards luncheon was so much better this year. I loved the video introductions of the winners. It got done quickly and was so much more professional this year."
"I've said this for years (I've been attending since 1995, I believe). You folks are good at adapting. You keep the sessions short which better holds the attention of the attendees. Excellent variety of session. I especially like the way you're branching out into areas that aren't completely parks and rec related. For example, the two sessions computer safety and ways to find information by Mr. Brazell. They were superb! I wish there could be more sessions on trails. We attended the trail workshop on Thursday morning. It was excellent. I'd like to see more of that."
"This has been the best conference in YEARS!! Excellent work to all the staff and volunteers!!"
"This conference was significantly better than I thought it would be and certainly far and away superior to NRPA. There were so many great sessions I was sorry I couldn't be in 2+ places at once! Keep up the great work."
"The conference sessions were top rate, the staff at the IAPD/IPRA levels were extremely professional and everyone really made great efforts to work well together. There is such a sense of Park community!"
If you were able to join us at conference, I hope you learned a few new things, connected with old friends and made new ones, and were inspired to continue to make a difference in your community! If you were not able to join us this year, I do hope to see you next year!
I look forward to working with each of you in 2012 to make IPRA even stronger and responsible to our members.
Thanks again for all you do!